We all knew that intelligent homes will someday come to reality. Thanks to technological advancements, that day is here and now. More and more homeowners are turning to home automation to make their lives just a bit more comfortable, integrating everything from lighting and temperature controls to security alarm systems plus all other elements inside the home in one convenient smart system. Here are just some of the most exciting benefits of automating your own home:
1. Full control over lighting and appliances – Now that you know exactly which home appliance or gadget is turned on, you can easily detect whether someone in the family forgot to turn off the TV or left appliances that can easily overheat on. This adds safety to your home in addition to the convenience of controlling even the smallest appliances with just a touch of the button. Lighting timers and remote control systems also allow you to turn stuff on or off to deter robbers by making it look like somebody's home.
2. Automated door locks – With automated door locks, you never have to worry about leaving your front door or even your gates open, as intelligent systems can easily detect and alert you about your mistake. In addition to letting you control your door locks, you can also be alerted every time someone enters or leaves the home.
3. Security cameras – When automating your home, don't forget to include security cameras, which not only lets you keep an eye on your property but your loved ones as well. This is especially helpful when you constantly have to leave your elderly mom or dad with a caregiver or a private nurse or your young child with his or her nanny.
4. Cooling and heating systems – Once you have your home automated, you simply cannot stop at your appliances and basic safety needs. You will want to invest in a comprehensive system that can take care of every aspect of your home and lifestyle. Smart homes nowadays also integrate cooling and heating systems into their universal control system. With a well integrated system, it is easy to adjust your home's temperature to your preference, whatever the season.
5. Greener home – With a home automation system, you also save a lot of energy by allowing the system to turn appliances and other electronics off when no one's using them. This way, you don't only cut down your electric bill, but help conserve energy as well.
About The Author:
This article is written by Lynn Garland, who is associated with Ilife Solutions. Ilife Solutions have gained reputation in the demanding world of corporate installations. They are specialists in Bespoke Home Cinema Installations & Smart Home Technology. For more information visit: www.ilifesolutions.co.uk