Body & Soul Holistic Therapies
health, development, holistic
Reiki (pronaounced 'Ray-key') is a simple Japanese energy-balancing method that is used by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. Reiki is a non-invasive therapy, using energy flow from the Reiki practitioner's hands, when placed on or near the recipient.
Reiki was developed by a man called Mikao Usui in the early 1900s in Japan and people use Reiki for self-healing, for spiritual or self-development and to treat others. Reiki is not a religion and is gentle by nature making it suitable for everyone.
Receiving Reiki is a simple process, you will remain fully clotherd and lay on a treatment couch, the practitioner will gently lay their hands on the body in a series of hand positions on the head, torso and legs, sometimes hovering the hands rather than touching.
Anyone can benefit from a course of Reiki treatments, no matter what your age or your state of health and beneficial changes can take place over a fairly short space of time.
Benefits of Reiki can include:
- Deep relaxation
- Reduced stress, tension and anxiety
- Boosted energy levels
- A feeling of inner calm, contentment and serenity
- A general sense of good health & well-being
Reiki may also help you to:
- Feel more positive, confident and better able to cope
- Deal better with stressful people and difficult situations
- Develop a stronger sense of purpose and clear thinking
- Remove some of the "clutter" from your life
- Enjoy a better quality of life
, Body And Soul Holistic Therapies
, Boost Energy
, complementary therapies
, holistic therapies
, Reiki Healing