Pacinian Haptic Technology - offers the ability to create the thinnest
haptic design available in the market today. QWERTY keyboard layout for PC's less
than 3mm total thickness. also, can be used with Touch screens and mouse
The technology uses cutting edge Electrostatic attraction :
- Principle: Electrostatic Attraction:
- Two Conductive Surfaces are charged, generating an attractive force.
- A Dielectric Layer is added to maintain the voltage difference and increase the force.
- Springs enable one of the surfaces to move relative to the other and returns it to its normal state between actuation's.
- A controller consisting of: Power Supply, Switching Electronics, and MCU enables a broad range of Haptic Profiles.
- Extremely power efficient; virtually no impact on power budget or battery life
Force sensing is also used to create switching and potentiometer type acceleration control