Pregnancy Massage Course
TEACH Therapy Complementary Therapy Training
sports massage, Indian Head massage, alternative therapies
Course fee: £80.00
This is a 1 day level 3 practitioner course aimed at
massage therapists – to attend you must have a level 3 body massage
qualification – e.g. VTCT, ITEC, MTI etc in Swedish massage, holistic
massage, sports massage etc if unsure please call us for advice.
Qualified aromatherapists may find our course "Essential Oils for Pregnancy & Childbirth" more useful.
course is designed to instruct qualified massage practitioners in the
safe use of massage in pregnancy and childbirth. The course aims to
dispel ill-founded fears around massage and pregnancy whilst still
working within safe guidelines.
You will learn how to position
clients for effective massage treatment. During the teaching sessions
students will work on each other, improvising the positions which may
need to be adopted for treating a pregnant client.
At the end of this thoroughly interesting and enjoyable day you will be able to:
A low student / tutor ratio ensures a thorough discussion and exploration of points raised can be achieved.
- Demonstrate an awareness of recent research into the applications of massage in pregnancy and childbirth.
- Explain the benefits of massage for mother and child.
- Identify contra-indications to massage in pregnancy and childbirth.
- Explain the necessary safety issues concerning the use of massage in pregnancy and childbirth.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main stages of pregnancy and childbirth.
, alternative therapy
, Deep Tissue Massage
, Holistic Massage
, holistic therapies
, hot stone massage
, Indian Head massage
, massage course
, massage courses
, massage training
, sport massage
, sports massage
, Stone Massage
Contact TEACH Therapy Complementary Therapy Training
Print this page