Indian Head Massage is carried out
in a ’regular’ chair with the client fully clothed which makes it an
extremely flexible and versatile therapy yet still amazingly stress
relieving - ideal for corporate work, for clients who don’t want to
undress or find it difficult to lie on a couch or for those ’impromtu’
situations - no need for special equipment or oil!
is a level 3, accredited practitioner course and you should be
qualified in massage, aromatherapy, sports massage or reflexology to
attend - just give us a call for clarification.
This form of massage, originating
in the East several hundred years ago, works on both physical and
mental states. The client doesn’t need to undress and there is no
specialist equipment of any kind, a truly mobile therapy.
Massage induces a state of calm, peace and tranquility and promotes
high levels of alertness and concentration. Relaxing, yet invigorating,
Indian Head Massage creates a wonderful feeling of well-being.
Students should have massage experience and hold a therapy
certificate which incorporated Anatomy and Physiology. Further practice
will be required in the form of 3 case studies plus you will be required
to take a practical & written assessment on day 2.
- The History and Origins of Indian Head Massage
- Choosing suitable seating
- The various massage techniques involved
- Areas of the body which are treated
- Oils used and their benefits
- The many benefits of IHM
- Contraindications - when not to treat
- Possible contra-actions
- How IHM helps to relieve stress and tension
- Preparation for treatment
- A brief introduction to Chakras/Energy Centres
- After care and advice to aid effectiveness of treatment
A comprehensive course manual covering the contents of the entire weekend will be supplied for future reference*.