Many people are wondering, what The role of The Professional Toastmaster and Master of Ceremonies is, and in The United States and Canada, It is known as on The Day Planner and Coordinator. Venues worldwide feel that The Toastmaster is The important part of The whole Process, whether on a Wedding Level or Corporate Level.
Below I will now explain The roles of The Professional Wedding and Corporate Events Toastmaster and Master Of Ceremonies from a Formal United Kingdom basis,as I am a UK based Toastmaster. And Hence,of course ,On The Day planner in USA and Canada which is The term used in Those Countries. With many years of experience these are my thoughts below, This hopefully will help you decide positively about hiring a Toastmaster.
The Roles Of The Wedding Toastmaster ?
* They greet the couple to be wed upon their arrival at the wedding reception. And will also be present at The church or place of ceremony to assist with ushering, and buttonholes.
* Inform guests as to all the facilities available at the wedding venue.
* Help the wedding photographer and the wedding videographer in gathering members of the bridal party together.
* Assemble the bridal party to receive guests and announce them individually.
* When all the guests are seated he will announce the entrance of the couple and escort them to the top table.
* If requested he will say grace.
* After the meal he will announce the cutting of the cake.
* He will announce the speeches ensuring they are conducted in the correct order to avoid embarrassment both to himself and the speakers.
Toastmasters are not inordinately expensive. If you can afford to have a toastmaster then really it's highly recommend that you do have one, as it takes all the responsibility of the smooth running of the day away from yourselves. Toastmasters are able to apply their skills to any type of wedding occasion or civil ceremony.
What should I look for when selecting a wedding toastmaster?
* Ensure that you have an experienced, personable and properly-trained toastmaster who belongs to a reputable toastmaster organisation.
* Do make sure they are available for your specific wedding date!
* Agree that the toastmaster will arrive no later than one hour before the wedding reception to liaise with the catering management and reception staff to make sure they are all working in 'synch' during the course of the reception.
* Make sure that you agree all fees beforehand with your toastmaster including travel costs, and with no hidden extras.
Civic and Business Events
A formal approach is required here with the exercise and practise of a wide knowledge of etiquette and correct procedural matters. These occasions combine with dignity and atmosphere, and the toastmaster's presence enhances and uplifts the ambience of the event.
Continuous liaison with the Banquet Manager and the Host combined with organised teamwork ensures proper timing and excellent smooth running from start to finish.
The host relies on the toastmaster's specialist knowledge. The dignity and importance of the occasion are of the utmost priority.
Masonic Ladies Festivals, Round Table, Rotarian and other Social Events
Each event has its own individual style and protocol and the knowledge of an experienced toastmaster will ensure that each aspect of the social gathering is dealt with in a proper and fitting manner.
From the reception party and introduction of the guests to the President and his Lady, to the taking of wine, announcing the various speakers and singing the Ladies' Song, The toastmaster will ensure that the evening flows, and that it is an ultimate success.
Conferences, Award Events and Corporate Product Launches
It is vital that these events run in a timely manner, it is also of paramount importance that those involved as well as visitors are aware of the events taking place.
Charity Dinners, Anniversaries and Special Occasions
Regardless of how many guests are in attendence; keeping to a carefully worked out timetable is vital for the toastmaster as well as diligent liaison with the organisers and hosts.
With the toastmaster's warm personality and confident approach, the evening will flow and all announcements made exactly according to the host's wishes. A professional toastmaster and Master of Ceremonies will have a confident and natural flair for adapting himself or herself to suit the occasion, so you can be assured of a successful and professionally managed event.
For any Further information, I will be delighted to answer any questions, and any help you require. I am speaking about The areas I mainly service as Toastmaster and Master Of Ceremonies, which are Essex, Kent ,London and Hertfordshire, but these practices apply Nationwide and indeed Worldwide.
My website and details are below.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jonathan Waterman -