A2 or 'standard' motorcycle training course prepares the student for
their motorcycle practical test on a bike of between 121cc and 125cc
and capable of at least 62.5mph. It is suited to persons who wish to
proceed to larger bikes or riders under the age of 21 who are not
eligible for the Direct Access Scheme (DAS). Entry requirements as
- A current DL196 (CBT certificate) and
- A pass in the DSA theory test.
Course content, fees and kit loan as follows:
- 4 day course £640, includes DSA test fee
- RAKtrain's own pre-course material aimed to make your course even more constructive
- Latest ECE approved Motorcycle helmet
- CE approved armoured waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Protective gloves
- Geared motorbike
- Pre-road ride training on RAKtrain's own road system thoroughly preparing you as no other school can
training day commences at 08.45hrs, generally finishing at 16.00hrs.
Tuition on the 125cc motorcycle will be on a variety of roads where you
will learn to safely handle all manner of situations enabling you to
pass your DSA test with confidence. Course length will depend on your
riding experience; test will be on the final day.
Successful completion of the DSA test, entitles the following:
- Operate a machine of 33bhp
- Ride without L-plates
- Carry passengers
- Ride on motorways
- Automatic licence upgrade to category ‘A’ after 2 years
Damage waiver insurance
insurance is included in all course fees, however each claim is subject
to an excess of £250. This can be avoided by taking advantage of our RAKtrain damage waiver insurance at £15 per day or £50 per full course.