Sanderson & Co - Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys
Copyright & IP services
Copyright is the intellectual property right that protects your own original artistic or literary work, or that of your company, from being copied.
If you or your company have produced an original work on which you wish to capitalise, then copyright protection may well be able to prevent the theft of your efforts.
Copyright is a vast and complex area of law but Sanderson & Co. has the expertise to see you sail through the aspects of the process that need outside assistance such as ownership and enforcement.
What can be protected by copyright?
Principal works normally protected are:
• Literary or dramatic works
• Musical compositions
• Drawings, paintings – the output of artists
• Photographs and films
• Sound and video recordings
• Broadcast and cable programmes
• Typographical arrangements – how the written word appears on the printed page
• Computer programmes
• Databases (under so called “database right”)
What types of work fall into these categories?
• Tables or compilations
• Computer software
• Works of dance or mime
• Musical performances
• Graphical works
• A work of architecture
• A work of ‘artistic craftsmanship’
Contact Sanderson & Co - Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys
Print this page