Product Cost Reduction

Product Cost Reduction from Warley Design Solutions Limited

By: Warley Design Solutions Limited  06/01/2011
Keywords: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, design consultants, Product Design

Having evaluated a benchmark design using best-in-class tools, we redesign and then re-evaluate. We present the benefits in the form of a fully costed business case where a return on investment (ROI) is clearly stated.

It is an established rule-of-thumb that around 75% of the cost of a product is set at the concept/architecture phase. Post-development Cost Reduction (CR) therefore can only expect to access the remaining 25% of the full product cost at best, and a high proportion of this cost will be needed to deliver function. There are therefore often limitations on what can be achieved through Cost Reduction activities, with 5-10% being a reasonable expectation

Our value proposition is to use our experience in Cost Reductionbefore the event: in a pro-active way so that the concept delivers the performance required at the optimum cost-point. This enables us to potentially access much greater cost savings by influencing the decision-making earlier in the project.

We provide direct support to hardware teams and a holistic product development service in:material cost reduction, product development, engineering service and product engineering.

Keywords: design consultants, Electronics Packaging, Mechanical design services, New product development, Product Cost Reduction, Product Design, Product Design Agency, Product Design And Development, Product design company, product design consultancy, product design consultants, Product Design Services, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, Product Development Services

Contact Warley Design Solutions Limited

Email

Print this page