This course is desgined for Site Managers, agents and persons who are, or about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff in the workforce. It will help site managers, agents and supervisors to manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role.
When SMSTS training courses for individuals run weekly.
Where Nationwide at associate Training centres.
The course covers:
- All relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working the building, construction and civil engineering industries
- Highlights the need for risk asessment in the workplace
- Implementing necessary control measures
- Successful communication to sustain a health and safety culture amongst the workforce
It will help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management of supervisory role
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
Delegates will be required to complete 3 core exercises, a case study and an end of course examination. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Construction Skills Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Who Should Attend?
Site Managers, agents and persons who are, or about to be responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controllong and administering groups of staff on site.