Interior Design using AutoCAD and SketchUp
Short Courses at AUB
interior design, CAD Design, CAD Services
This course is an ideal introduction to using computer programmes for drawing simple plans and 3D representations of spaces for interior design. Through demonstrations, lectures, discussions and hands-on practice you will learn to display your interior design skills in computer aided drawings.
During this course your tutor will help you to understand and use the following basics of CAD (Computer Aided Design):
- Understanding ‘the ribbon’ and drawing system
- Panning and zooming – how to see your design on screen
- How to use the line, rectangle, circle, arc, offset, copy, fillet and trim tools
- Using these tools to draw a basic floor plan
- Making blocks
- Understanding annotation and dimensions.
Your tutor will also introduce you to the basic tools and practices in SketchUp (3D Modelling Programme) as follows:
- How to use the drawing tools, measuring tool, push/ pull tool, follow me tool, orbit, pan and zoom tools.
- How to draw an interior space in 3D, add colours and finishes and then add furniture and accessories.
- How to draw a building and add a roof, windows and doors.
This is a good starting point if you have never used these programmes before and would like to give it a try and gain confidence with computer drawing. Have fun learning a new skill and expressing your design ideas.
What you need to bring
Notepad, sketchpad, laptop or ipad.
•Tuesday 14th Jan – 18th March 2014
Maximum 16 students
Duration: 10 Tuesday evenings, 6-9pm
, CAD Design
, CAD drafting
, CAD Draughting
, Cad Drawings
, CAD Services
, interior design