Modern reflexology provides deep relaxation, revitalised energy, stress relief, preventative healthcare and balance to the systems of the body. You will learn to activate the healing powers of the body using energy zones that run throughout the body and reflex areas in the feet that correspond to all the major organs, glands and body parts.
(+ option to upgrade to NVQ/VRQ for an additional £150 (+ £16 lifetime membership to the VTCT) – Further home study is required including case studies, portfolio and you would need to attend a formal assessment which will involve a written paper and practical exam.)
2 days Practical + Home Study + Case studies
In addition to this if you are studying towards the NVQ/VRQ you will be required to do further home study is required including case studies, portfolio and you would need to attend a formal assessment which will involve a written paper and practical exam.
A massage qualification and/or an anatomy and physiology qualification
The Guild of Beauty Therapists
The Complementary Medical Association
Associated Beauty Therapists
Practitioner Accredited Diploma
+ Optional upgrade to NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology.
50% non refundable deposit is payable to secure your booking. Final 50% is due no later than 14 days prior to the start date of the practical training.
Cash, Cheque, Bankers Draft, Postal Order, direct bank transfer or payment by credit or debit card via Paypal.
Please make cheques payable to : K Kilminster
Please send paypal payments to:
If you wish to pay by direct bank transfer, please ask for bank details.
To complete this course, you will be required to:
· Study the training manual provided as well as further recommended reading material
· Complete a question paper. (If you answer any questions incorrectly, you may be required to re-submit your answer paper.)
· Attend the required practical training
· Complete 5 case studies to submit after your practical training.
· In addition to your case studies, you will be expected to practice your routine as often as possible.
· Once you have qualified, conduct yourself in a professional manner to all people, and clients; and to obtain adequate insurance before working on ‘real’ clients.
· Fully Accredited Diploma level, enabling you to practice professionally.
· Courses are recognised and insurable.
· Home Study Pack - A detailed Course training workbook emailed to you before course, providing plenty of scope for both pre and post course study. Case studies may also be required to complete your training.
· Practical demonstrations and teaching of the treatment are broken down into easy to learn sections.
· You will give and receive a full treatment on the practical training day. (For one to one training, you may not be able to receive a treatment.)
· Small class sizes & one to one training available
· CPD Points (Continuing Professional Development Points) awarded on each course.
· Tutors are experienced and passionate about what they do
· Anatomy and physiology, relevant to the course, is covered in the training manual (including colourful diagrams)
· Fun, friendly & informal training environment.
· Included is your Diploma, comprehensive training manual, insurance details, Health & Safety and tea, coffee and water during the break (please bring your own lunch/snacks)
· Couches, chairs, cushions and products required for the training are supplied unless stated otherwise. You will be required to bring towels for your own use.
What to bring to the training day
· The Training Manual
· A packed lunch
· A bottle of water
· Jumper/Cardigan (after receiving treatment you may get cold)
· Hair band for long hair
· It is advisable not to wear jewellery to the practical training
· You may wear uniform to the practical training, or suitable therapy clothing.
· Notepad and pen
· Test answer paper (if not already submitted)
· Your medical disclaimer form (if not already submitted)
· A large towel and a hand towel
Reflexology has many benefits, these include:
Ø It maintains balance within the ten body’s systems.
Ø It reduces the feelings of stress.
Ø It gives a feeling of wellbeing.
Ø It is relaxing for the mind and body.
Ø It encourages the elimination of toxins.
Ø It improves the circulation in the blood and lymph.
Ø It assists the body to maintain a state of balance – Homeostatis.
Ø It Re-balances the body.
Ø It promotes relaxation.
Ø It helps to promote the energy flow within the body.
Ø It releases endorphins and serotonin to help lift the mood and release pain killing hormones.
Ø It improves muscle tone.
Ø It encourages the body to heal itself.
Ø It increases energy levels.
Ø It can help to treat ailments and assist in restoring health.
Ø It acts as a preventative to health and can help to protect the body from future illnesses.
Always remember that you must NEVER claim that reflexology can heal a condition. It may help with the symptoms, but there is never any guarantee.
Reflexology is NOT a diagnostic treatment.
Who can benefit?
· The elderly
· Pregnant women
· Children & babies will respond well to this treatment as they are bodies are very responsive and they are naturally relaxed.
Each individual will respond in different ways to this treatment and everyone’s results will differ.
The benefits are effective on physical, emotional and spiritual levels.
· Working Hygienically
· Health & Safety
· Professional Ethics
· About holistic therapies
· Case study guidance
· Recommended Reading
· Massage – the effects and benefits of
· Preparation for treatment
· After Care Advice
· Equipment & products
· The Routine
· Anatomy & Physiology
· The history
· The benefits of the treatment
· And more …
Resources required to complete the training
· You will require all relevant equipment and products in order to practice your skills at home as well as completing your case studies. A list of recommended equipment and products are supplied within the training manual.
· You will be required to bring a large towel and a hand towel to your training but all other equipment and products are supplied during your practical training unless otherwise stated.
· It is recommended that you purchase a text book, in addition to the training manual, for future reference from our recommended reading list supplied within our training manual.