Mountain Photography Wildcamp Expedition
Rod Ireland Photography
Landscape Photography, travel photography, landscape art
The Lake District is perfect for Photography Courses, Workshops and Tours and the Mountain Photography Wild camp Expedition is our ultimate photography experience! It offers a unique and authentic glimpse into the secret side of mountain landscape photography! Mountains take on magical qualities from late evening to early morning - the time when you're stuck at the bottom of them, or tucked up in bed at your hotel! We'll get you away from the well worn photographic 'honey pots’ providing you with access to unrivaled, one-off photo opportunities.
If you're interested in Mountain landscape photography; want to get to grips with it's challenges and get some unique images, then this is for you.
"On a pragmatic level...you’re on the spot in a staggering location at sunset and sunrise...on an emotional level, you feel that you almost become part of the landscape: you’re not simply arriving, taking a few pictures and leaving"
Harriet O'Brien, Daily Telegraph
To show you the skills and techniques needed to capture stunning Mountain landscape images.
What will I learn about?
Photographic topics such as:
* Equipment - What kit do we use, taking into consideration the need to carry this into the mountains?
* Exposure - How do we control exposure and looking at creative use of aperture and shutter speeds and considering 'depth of field' and histograms
* Composition - planning your shot and looking at the 'rules' and considering how to get balance and harmony in your landscape shots
* Lighting - Considering the importance of lighting conditions for landscape shots and how this builds into our planning
* Filtration - A look at the use of polarizing filters, Neutral density filters and * Graduated Neutral density filters and why we use them
* Advanced techniques - Getting the sharpest images, low-light photography,
Mountain topics such as:
* Basic use of the map and using the map to help plan shots
* Route Planning
* Clothing & Equipment
* Considering important factors such as weather during the planning of your trip
Is this course for me?
To make the most of the course you will have a basic understanding of how to operate your digital SLR. Carrying camping & camera equipment is physically demanding and you should have a good level of fitness.
, Landscape Photography
, travel photography
, Wild Camping