IOSH Senior Executives
S. A. Associates Management Training Co
Safety for Senior Executives aims to ensure that health and safety is appreciated by people at the most senior executive levels. The course should enable top executives to review policy and strategies, and, where necessary, introduce changes to make their organisation operate safely. To ensure that top level decision-makers develop an appreciation of the moral, financial and legal issues relating to workplace health and safety – throughout the management process.
* On successful completion of the course delegates should be able to: * Appreciate that the management of health and safety is a main line activity which can be managed in a similar way
to other management functions, with reference to the concepts of HSG65 and BS 8800 and other established management systems such as EN ISO 9000 and BS EN 14001;
* Ensure the establishment of the structure and organisation associated with the health and safety management policy;
* Appreciate the financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions in terms of both insured and non-insured costs;
* Describe the health and safety responsibilities of senior executives in terms of corporate governance guidelines and common and statute law, with particular reference to regulations relating to the organisations area of operation
* State the scope and nature of the penalties which may be imposed should offences under health and safety legislation occur, and identify the powers of enforcing officers;
* Identify what documentation and procedures an organisation is required to keep or carry out in order to satisfy legislation;
* Outline the principles of risk management and be aware of how the law and corporate governance guidelines are shifting in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk;
* Define the concept of safety culture, the senior executives role in the development of a culture within a health and safety management system and how programmes can be developed to create and sustain this positive culture;
* Describe the need for training and on-going training in an organisation, in respect of health and safety awareness; and
* Identify the roles and functions of a health and safety team including safety practitioners and advisers, occupational hygienists, occupational health advisors, doctors and nurses.
The duration of the course is flexible but is usually based on a six hour program in order to adequately cover all the stated objectives.
Safety for Senior Executives certification
In order for an IOSH Safety for Senior Executives certificate to be issued, the delegate should successfully complete the Institutions approved assessment procedure
Contact S. A. Associates Management Training Co
Print this page