Who the Course is for
This course has been designed for those who need to manage environmental issues in compliance with their organisation's policy, legislation & best practice.
Learning Outcomes of IOSH Managing Enviromental Responsibilities Training
To identify hazards to the environment both generally & from an organisational perspective
- To apply management principles & advice on good management practice relating to environmental issues
- To communicate environmental practices effectively to all levels of staff, including senior management
- To introduce environmental reviews taking into account current good practice
- To explain the component parts of an environmental management system such as ISO 14001
- To recognise that adequate & appropriate information, training & supervision relating to environmental issues is required for employees
- To identify the responsibilities of organisations regarding compliance with environmental legislation
There is a short written test & practical assessment to be successfully completed for certification.
Duration: 4 days. For open course dates at 21 locations scroll down. 5 Days if site visit and inspections are required.
Trainer – Dr Peter Nolan
Consultant on Environmental Management Systems
Consultant to a major overseas nuclear power plant on EMAS/ISO14001 certificate
Consultant to several UK-based companies on EMAS/ISO14001 certification
Registered Environmental Auditor (AIEMA, formerly EARA) Author of environmental review of the research activities of the .
Consultant on Nature Trail Management at Bradwell Power Station
Consultant to Business Link South & East Cheshire on Environmental Management Environmental Associate of EEF North West CIEH-accredited Tutor on Environmental Awareness, Management and Auditing Co-author of the ‘environmental learning package’ ADAPT project