Who Should Attend?
Construction site managers, Assistant Managers and Project Managers who have the responsibility for setting up and managing fire safety arrangements during the construction phase of a project.
Provide delegates with an awareness of general fire precautions in relation to construction projects and the management from pre-construction through construction phase.
Objectives By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
* State the need for managing fire safety
* List a range of fire safety hazards associated with construction operations
* Identify the need for pre-planning fire safety arrangement for the project
* Outline general fire precaution (GFPs) required during construction phase
* Describe the need for producing, reviewing and revising fire risk assessments
* Outline the contents of a construction phase fire safety plan
* Undertake a fire safety inspection to confirm adequacies of measures
* Produce a fire safety inspection checklist relating to phases of a construction project
This course will ideally be delivered on a construction site – within a construction project to ensure that the classroom based programme is supported by practical observation and guidance on site.
The programme will include individual and syndicate exercises culminating in an end of programme quiz (tick box / one word exercise)