CDM Construction Design & Management (CDM )
S. A. Associates Management Training Co
he outlined course has been designed for two days duration.
This 2 day course combines tutorials with interactive exercises that have been developed to provide all parties involved in the construction process with an understanding of the CDM regulations, incorporating the changes introduced by the 2007 regulations.
The course is also designed to provide delegates with a good understanding of general Health and Safety legal requirements and their application to themselves and the other parties involved in the construction industry. The roles and responsibilities of the Client, Designer, CDM Coordinator, Principal Contractor and Sub-Contractors under CDM are given extensive coverage, together with the suggested contents of Health and Safety Plans and Files.
Upon completion of the course delegates should:
* Have an improved awareness of their company’s criminal and civil liabilities
* Be aware of the company’s liabilities regarding contractors
* Identify other legislation relating to the construction process
* Possess an improved knowledge of the legal requirements within the CDM Regulations
* Have a better understanding of the problems faced by the various parties involved in the CDM process
* Have an appreciation of the roles and responsibilities of Designers, Contractors, SubContractors concerning risk assessments and safe systems of work
* Be aware of the requirements regarding Health and Safety plans and files
* Have a good understanding of methods for identifying ‘Competent Contractors’ Introduction to Health and Safety General Health and Safety Law and Practices Accident Causation, Prevention and Reporting Practical Risk Assessments, Hazard Identification, Risk Level Quantification, Implementing
Control Measures, Monitoring and Reviewing Requirements Developing and Assessing Safe Systems of Work and Method Statements Background to the CDM Regulations, where CDM applies and does not apply, roles and
responsibilities of CDM. Contents and development of H&S plans and files, changes introduced by the 2007 rags and ACOP. Company specific issues. Q&A.
Contact S. A. Associates Management Training Co
Print this page