Paediatric First Aid - 12 hour
This course is ideal for those delegates who look after younger children in a primary school, nursery, childminding setting, playgroup, etc, which satisfies OFSTED Standards. This qualification can also be used to provide evidence for those who are working towards an NVQ in Child Care and Education or as an additional qualification to the 3 day First Aid at Work Certificate, as Baby and Child are not usually covered during that course. Certificates are valid for 3 years.
The course covers the following subjects:
- Incident management; including first aid kits and incident reports
- Control of bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Effects of extreme heat and cold
- Seizures; febrile, absence and epileptic
- Diabetic emergencies
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Sprains, strains, fractures and dislocations
- Objects in the eyes, ears and nose
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Allergic reactions
- Choking; baby, child and adult
- Treatment of the unconscious casualty; baby, child and adult
- Resuscitation; baby, child and adult
- Sudden serious illnesses; including sickle cell anaemia, mumps, measles, croup and meningitis.
Assessment of the course is on a continuous basis by the Trainer.