First Aid in Schools - 6 hour
This course is ideal for Teachers and Support Staff in the school environment. The course includes how to deal with children above the age of 1 year, in the event of choking, becoming unconscious or requiring resuscitation.
Certificates are valid for 3 years.
The course covers the following subjects:
- Incident management; including first aid kits and incident reports
- Control of bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Choking; child and adult
- Treatment of the unconscious casualty; child and adult
- Resuscitation; child and adult
- Poisons, bites, stings, alcohol and solvent abuse
- Delegates may also ask to cover any specific conditions or injuries they think may be relevant to their environment.
Assessment of the course is on a continuous basis by the Trainer.