2. Blenheim Lodge is located inside the Lake District National Park itself and nestles peacefully on a hillside against beautiful National Park fells and woodlands, through which the DALES WAY FOOTPATH meanders from Ilkley in the Yorkshire Dales to Bowness-on-Windermere. Blenheim Lodge offers ideal accommodation for Dales Way walkers as it is the first guest house in Bowness off the Dales Way. The FREE COUNTRY CLUB MEMBERSHIP we offer to guests mean that walkers can take advantage of this perk and relax in a Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room or swimming pool after a long few days’ or week’s hike.
3. For walkers, proximity of the Dales Way is not the only boon when staying at Blenheim Lodge. Our Bowness guest house nestles into around 50 acres of fells and woodlands and guests may wander at will in these fields. Access into the fells is through a little gate situated a literal 1-minute stroll from our front door. Fantastic 360-degree views are to be had on a good day from three viewpoints situated in the woodlands and fells behind our B&B.
4. Despite our hidden location, our Bowness B&B is ONLY a 5-MINUTE walk to Bowness centre and all its amenities. Lake Windermere and the pier are also about 5 minutes’ walk.
5. For guests who come to the Lakes to enjoy a quiet relaxing break, the proximity of our Lake District bed and breakfast accommodation to local amenities and attractions is a boon, as Blenheim Lodge is in such easy walking distance to all amenities, but just far enough away from the noise of busy main road traffic and the bustle of daytime sightseers and late night or early morning revellers returning to their accommodation after a night out.
6. For guests who are looking for a retreat with that ‘away from it all feeling’, combining the peace and tranquility of our Windermere bed and breakfast guest house with spectacular views of Lake, mountains and fells, and staying within close walking proximity of local amenities and attractions whilst keeping off the busy main roads, a break at our quiet guest house makes for a sensible choice.
7. Our 4-star Windermere B&B offers FREE OF CHARGE: PRIVATE ON-SITE PARKING; COUNTRY CLUB MEMBERSHIP; and TWO FISHING PERMITS for coarse and fly fishing in local waters within the auspices of the Windermere and and Ambleside Angling Association waters. We also have a TV LOUNGE from which there are stunning Lake views that guests can use any time.
8. All the 11 rooms in our 4 Star Windermere bed and breakfast accommodation are unique, and no two rooms are alike. Our B&B is decorated with Laura Ashley colours and soft furnishings, many furnished with antique furniture, to complement the age of this Victorian guest house. All DOUBLE, SINGLE, TWIN and TRIPLE rooms have tea/coffee making facilities, 10 with shower en-suites, and 1 with a private bathroom.
9. Our bed and breakfast accommodation in Bowness-on-Windermere is ECOLOGICALLY FRIENDLY and we try to use local produce as much as possible. We also recycle waste plastic, paper/cardboard products, tin/foil/metal products and glassware.
10. We are able to arrange ROMANTIC YACHT DINNERS, LUNCHES AND SUNSET SAILS ON LAKE WINDERMERE, organize SIGHTSEEING TOURS, GUIDES FOR WALKING TRIPS, AND TUITION FOR FISHING BREAKS. We can help with organising other romantic details for your stay: flowers, chocolates, champagne or wine and cake with your own message. We can also tailor-make GIFT VOUCHERS for you.