Wood Burning Stove Annual Service
AJ Chimney Solutions
solid fuel, wood burning stove, multifuel stoves
Your Service will include:
• Check the stove glass for damage and clean
• Inspect door seals for tightness and replace rope seals if needed
• Examine bricks, grates and baffles, and advise on replacement
• Check and adjust all air control/riddling mechanisms/damper mechanisms
• Examine all fire cement seals from the stove to the flue and re-join if required
• Examine register plate seals and reseal where required
• Sweep flue liner to remove deposits
• Removal of debris from register plate
• Inspect body of stove
• Check installation for draw/leaks
• Advise on fuel being used
• Check vents are clear where fitted
*Please note: any replacement parts will incur additional charges. If your appliance is not working correctly, please inform me when booking your service.
Why do you need your appliance serviced?
Wood Burning & Multi Fuel:
I recommend that your chimney be swept at least once a year and that you burn wood with a moisture content of 20% or less. If you are using your appliance regularly or for long periods of time, it is recommended to increase this to two or three times a year. In addition to an annual sweeping, I also recommend a thorough service of your appliance is carried out. This is because a build up of creosote (a tar like substance) in your chimney or flue liner may result in your stove not drawing properly and not working to its full potential. Worse still a build up of creosote can cause a chimney fire. All wood can create creosote and it can never be completely prevented but burning wet, unseasoned wood will create significantly higher levels of creosote than normal.
Due to the seasonal works that I carry out – I am unable to book services in for November through to January.
, solid fuel
, solid fuel stoves
, Stove Repair
, Stove Repairs
, Wood Burners
, wood burning stove
, wood stoves