Cape Town is one of the most popular tourist destinations in South Africa. Its climatic conditions, unique geography and attractive natural settings make it a hiker’s dream city. Cape Town offers plenty of opportunities for hiking, notably the two iconic landmarks: - The Table Mountain and the Cape Point area of major tourist attraction. Many adventurous trials are available in Table Mountain.
The most popular trails at Cape Town are:
· Lion’s head - It is a short summit that offers a scenic view of Cape Town. One needs to climb through difficult path in this region, which may be a strenuous task. Sunsets and full moon view are a must watch things to do in this place.
· Devil’s Peak - Hiking through this peak involves taking a zigzag path, they will enable one to reach to top most point of this peak which offers the best view of Cape Town below it.
· Woodstock Cave - It is a thin crack in the mountain which can be spotted from the De Waal drive.
· Elephant’s Eye - It is a large cave that loops around the Silvermine reserve. This spot is a part of the reserve and is an ideal tourist destination.
· Deer Park - It is a small reserve park in the lower slopes of the table. One of the best places to hike.
Apart from these destinations, Cape Town has a lot more to offer. Hiking along the Sandy Bay is a wonderful experience. Popularly called as the “Sandy Bay Shipwreck hiking trial”, this hike presents with great views, shipwrecks and swimming. Other beach trials in Cape Town involve the Olifantsbos Shipwreck trials and the Muizenberg mile. which include the Spes Bona forest trials, De Hel and Tokai Arboretum. Chapman’s peak is covered with thick fynbos that have trees like Ericas and Proteas.
Cape Town is a must visit place for hiking lovers at is filled with plenty of opportunities. Planning a trip to such an adventurous place is sure to create an adrenaline rush. One can contact hiking clubs in Cape Town in order to plan for a hiking trip that suits you.
About the Author:
is the founder of Traverse Line, a UK-based travel company which specialises in arranging bespoke treks and safaris in Southern Africa, Kenya and Nepal. There is a strong emphasis on walking and hiking, more off-the-beaten track safaris and personalised adventures, stemming from Angus’ interests and regional knowledge. The company arranges a wide range tailor-made tours in all its key regions - these include walking safaris in Zambia, guided mobile camping adventures into remote corners of Namibia, the Fish River Canyon Hike, guided walks in the Western Cape, self drive tours in South Africa and climbs of Nepal’s trekking peaks, including both Mera Peak and Island Peak. Behind all this is a strong attitude of personal service, detail and thoroughness, backed by selected, trusted, in-country guides.