Home Surveys & valuations
Rainfords Chartered Surveyors
Surveyors, Chartered Surveyors, survey
Homebuyer type Survey Typical cost from: £295
This is more detailed than the valuation report and can often be carried out at the same time. It's not usually suitable for properties in need of renovation, or if you're planning major alterations. The survey will check out:
* the general condition of the property.
* any major faults in accessible parts of the building that may affect the value.
* urgent problems that need inspecting by a specialist before you sign a contract.
* results of tests for damp in walls.
* damage to timbers - including woodworm or rot.
* the condition of any damp-proofing, insulation and drainage.
* the estimated cost of rebuilding the property for insurance purposes.
* the value of the property on the open market.*
Full Structural Survey Typical from cost: £495
This is the most complete and expensive survey. It is suitable for all properties, especially listed buildings, older buildings, properties you plan to renovate or alter in any way. So you should consider this approach - spending a little more now could save you significant sums in the future. The survey will include extensive photographs and advise on:
* major and minor defects and what they could mean.
* the possible cost of repairs.
* results of damp testing on walls.
* damage to timbers.
* the condition of damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (though drains aren't tested).
* technical information on the construction of the property and the materials used.
* the location.
* recommendations for any further special inspections.*
, Building Surveys
, Chartered Building Surveyors
, chartered surveyor
, Chartered Surveyors
, Chester surveyor
, Home Survey
, Homebuyer Report And Valuation
, house surveying
, Independent Chartered Surveyors
, Liverpool Surveyor
, Property Advice
, property purchase
, Property Surveying
, Property Surveyors
, property valuers
, Residential Survey
, structural survey
, Wirral surveyor