A homebuyer report, also known as a homebuyer survey and valuation, is a survey completed to a standard format set out by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). The homebuyer report is most suitable for conventional properties built within the last 150 years, which are in reasonable condition. A homebuyer report by Cambridge Property Surveys Ltd does not detail every aspect of the property, and only focuses on urgent matters needing attention. The homebuyer report is not usually suitable for properties in need of renovation, or if you are planning major alterations.
A homebuyer report by Cambridge Property Surveys Ltd includes details of:
- The general condition of the property
- Any major faults in accessible parts of the building that may affect the value
- Any urgent problems that need inspecting by a specialist before you sign a contract
- Results of tests for damp in the walls
- Damage to timbers, including woodworm or rot
- The condition of any damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (though drains aren't tested)
- The estimated cost of rebuilding the property for insurance purposes
- The value of the property on the open market
For a quote, or further information, contact Cambridge Property Surveys Ltd via our website,using the email link, or call us on 01480 406681.