Pub Landlord Fined following Fire

Pub Landlord Fined following Fire from DB FIRE CONSULTANCY

Keywords: Fire, fire safety, Emergency Lighting

The former landlord and licensee of the Rams Head Inn in Grappenhall, Warrington, have been fined for failing to put in place adequate fire safety measures. Punch Partnerships PML Ltd (Punch Taverns) and the licensee at the time Graham Dennett, both pleaded guilty after a blaze involving a tumble dryer broke out in the pub in August 2011. Cheshire Fire inspected the property after dousing the flames and found a number of fire safety issues. Punch Partnerships faced one charge of failing to provide a suitable and safe escape route while Dennett was charged with failure to provide sufficient firefighting equipment, insufficient testing of smoke alarms and emergency lighting, failure to pass on fire risk and emergency information to staff and lack of a fire risk assessment review. For more information regarding fire risk assessments; Email: [email protected] OR Phone: 08448 541 451

Keywords: Emergency Lighting, Fire, fire extinguishers, fire protection equipment, Fire Risk Assessments, fire safety