dot-red high quality, low bleed, long life, GC injection port septa rated to high temperature
science, laboratory, Laboratory Equipment
The •red® (dot-red) injection port septa is rated to 400°C and can withstand beyond 1000 injections. The patented centre hole design reduces coring and improves overall life. The 11mm size is readily available which fits most Agilent-style GCs. The •red® (dot-red) injection port septa is packaged in clear jars to minimize phalate peaks.
Tests and initial end user feedback have shown that the •red® (dot-red) injection port septa outperforms almost all other septa on the market today.
* Long Life
* The •red® (dot-red) injection port septa is tested to 1000 injections and some end users are pushing close to 2000 injections with one septum.
* Typical lab protocol would suggest that a standard septum be exchanged after every 200 injections. This represents 5X the life of a normal septum.
* Less Coring
* The •red® (dot-red) injection port septa has a pre-formed hole in the center and the septum is never pierced (rubber is only displaced), the potential for coring is reduced considerably which improves septum life, reduces needle blockage, and minimizes sampling errors that result when small pieces of silicone reach the liner.
* Excellent Temperature Rating
* Tests were conducted with a maximum 400°C inlet temperature and the •red® (dot-red) injection port septa withstood this temperature for 1000 injections. This rating is higher than the Merlin or the BTO™.
* Low Bleed
* A special conditioning process has been developed to further remove unpolymerized siloxanes, which lowers overall septum bleed. This precludes the need to precondition the septum prior to use, which is another standard lab practice that is no longer required if one were to switch to the •red® (dot-red) injection port septa.
For details see http://www.stratlab.co.uk/stratlab/value/Itemdesc.asp?ic=121000
, gas analysis
, Gas Chromatography
, Laboratory Equipment