Breckenridge skiing holidays
Skiing, ski resort
Top 5 reasons to love Breckenridge skiing holidays:
1) Ski in, ski out There are so many ski in, ski out opportunities in Breckenridge. There are clusters of accommodation around the base at Peak 9 like The Village at Breckenridge, Cedars townhomes & Trails End condos. Then just up the run is Beaver Run Resort right by the base of the Beaver Run superchair. Plus the runs have extended into the town & vice versa along the green Snowflake run to the bottom of the Snowflake chair and all the way into town along the long 4 O'Clock run.
2) Historic Mountain Town Breckenridge was originally a base camp when gold was discovered along the Blue River in 1859. Nowadays Breckenridge contains over 350 historic structures, making it the largest historic district in the state of Colorado. The Town is a delight to explore with its many boutiques, art galleries, independent coffee shops, bars & restaurants. They even buried all the power lines a few years ago, so the town looks its picturesque best!
3) Within reach Everything is close by in Breckenridge. The slopes virtually reach the town in many areas unlike many US resorts where the town & ski area is separated & the town is fairly compact. The new gondola has connected the town to Peak 7 & 8, plus there is a great free shuttle bus system to get you from peak to peak & into town if you need it.
4) Nightlife Breckenridge is world famous for its nightlife & you certainly can party into the early hours if you so wish. Breckenridge has a huge variety of dining options to choose from. Try Breck's newest restaurant Modis on the main street, which serves an eclectic mix of bistro & asian flavoured fare or try "Steak & Rib" often recommended by locals. On the drinks side there is something for everyone from sports bars to micro breweries to wine tasting. If clubbing is your thing try Cecilias with "hot" DJs & occasionally a live band & a long long 6 hour "happy hour"...
5) The slopes Breckenridge is a world famous resort so it goes without saying the skiing / snowboarding is fantastic and Breckenridge has the highest chairlift in North America. Peak 7 and Peak 9 are an intermediate's paradise with run after run of cruisy blues. For more advanced skiers try the wide open bowls off the T-bar or bumps on Peak 8. For those who like to experience rock & cornice drops head to Lake Chutes or to the back of Peak 9 for stunning tree skiing. Enquire about skiing holidays in Breckenridge More info on Breckenridge ski resortMore info on self-catered accommodation in BreckenridgeMore info on catered chalets in Breckenridge