Metal substrate technology utilises the printed circuit board as a
key constituent in the removal of heat from component devices. The
thermal effiiency gained by using a metal backed board allows
downsizing of designs and removal of hardware.
global manufacturing partners we have access to a wide range of
laminate materials which enables us to provide a rapid response for
your prototyping or any other urgent requirements. Our standard lead
time is 15 days, but can also offer a Fastrack facility that ensures
manufacture in 5 days or less.
Call our support line on 01494753500 for more information on our custom PCBs.
YEG Opto provide a complete opto electronics solution
The main reasons for using thermal PCBs for LEDs are: -
A lower junction temperature gives a longer LED life and better reliability
The lower the junction temperature the higher the light output
Thermal PCBs is simply the most efficient way to keep an LED junction temperature low.
- A lower junction temperature gives a longer LED life and better reliability
- Power densities can be increased whilst components are kept cool increasing life and durability
- The lower the junction temperature the higher the light output
- Thermal PCBs is simply the most efficient way to keep an LED junction temperature low
- Surface mount technology can remove manual assemble from the traditional heat sink, clip, sil-pad arrangement
- Dielectrics can be tailored to suit your thermal or insulation level requirements
- The circuits can be shaped drilled and formed
- Cooling properties allow devices to be driven harder