An introductory ski touring trip in the Southern French Alps
Price: €1497 per person (all inclusive)
12 March - 19 March 2011 - PLACES AVAILABLE - ideal for individuals looking to join a group.
Other Dates: Any week between December and May for groups of four or more booking together.
Get away from the crowds and soak up the charm and ambiance of the
high mountain environment in and around the dramatic Ecrins National
Park, with the added bonus of the best sun record in the Alps.
A progressive ski touring week introducing and practicing the
essential safety and technical skills for ski touring. Starting with a
selection of classic day tours in the Champsaur valley and finishing
with a two day tour into the heart of the Ecrins National Park and the
famous Grand Pinier 3117m summit.
• 7 nights half board accommodation (sharing two to a room) a newly refurbished
- situated in the beautiful Champoleon valley on the edge of the
Ecrins National Park. Modern decor with a touch of mountain and a great
• Ski equipment - ski touring skis, skins, ski crampons, poles, harness (where necessary)
• Safety equipment - avalanche tranciever, shovel and probe
• Lift passes
• 5 days guided ski touring -
with an UIAGM high mountain guide and ski instructor - an extra days
guiding or ski instruction is possible for your free day for an
• Local transport - transport to and from the starts and finishes of all tours and scheduled activities.
• Return transfers from Gap Train Station to Auberge.