Facilitation Project at BP
development, learning, Bespoke
BP – Facilitation Project:
Whilst in the process of reviewing and developing the strategic plan for a key department, BP required the facilitation of an interactive three day relationship building event. This was to involve the integration of an international sub-team, the introduction of new Group Practices and the review and development of the new structure and working practices.
BP choose Pearlcatchers as they had previous experience of our specialist facilitators with the skills to engage and enthuse their team and enable all delegates to get the most out of the three days.
The Pearlcatchers Solution:
During the resulting three day ‘Inspiring the Future’ event , Pearlcatchers facilitated the following -
• An introductory energiser to introduce all staff
• Various workshops to address specific problems and issues, with the view to generating a solution
• Open Q & A sessions at various stages
• Smaller breakout groups to discuss the new values
• World Café style forum to discuss the impact of these changes
• Encourage the identification of priorities
• Start, stop, continue change group exercise to producing an action plan
• Use an appreciative enquiry technique to answer key questions
• Host a fun and interaction after dinner entertainment with a business slant
During these sessions our skilled facilitators were able to -
• Successfully engage staff to promote discussion.
• Generate a positive outcome focused session
• Identify, develop and encourage practical problem solving skills
• Build in time to reflect and comment
• Refocus the group when necessary
• Control the pace of the day
• Receive and organise feedback for integration into upcoming sessions.
Excellent, sustainable results:
The delegates left feeling inspired, with a clear definition of the new strategy, and its structural implications and benefits. They had celebrated their successes, thus building morale for the year ahead. They felt they owned the new strategy, would be willing and able to support each other through the transition and were ready to sell the enhanced service to customers.
“Excellent facilitation. Keep up the good work”