The Xgig is a powerful protocol analysis tool for Fibre Channel, Gigabit Ethernet and SAS/SATA links operating at different data rates. The versatile features of Xgig accelerate development and SAN deployment. The protocol analyzer tool captures details about high-speed traffic and quickly analyzes individual protocols. Xgig Expert software provides a robust set of debugging and analysis tools for analyzing traces.
The Xgig employs universal chassis and blade hardware architecture. By inserting various blades, Xgig becomes a multi-protocol, multi-function, and multi-speed tool. Currently available applications are the protocol analyzer, traffic generation, load generator, error injector and BERT, all available with no hardware changes.
The suite of applications includes TraceControl, TraceView, Performance Monitor, and Expert:
TraceControl captures traces with standard and customized trigger sets. Xgig has the most extensive trigger library in the market, and is able to capture and characterize the most difficult problems.
TraceView is a decoding program that enables the user to view traces in detail, providing thorough DWORD interpretation and SAN topology as well as a traffic histogram.
PerformanceMonitor provides real-time traffic status. Performance Monitor views provide quick snapshots of the current running state of the links being analyzed, as well as total statistics over time.
Expert provides a unique and robust set of error detection and analysis capabilities. Expert automatically sorts through millions of events to identify performance, upper-layer protocol, and logical and physical layer issues.
Product Features and Benefits
• Multi-Protocol Support
•••◦ 1, 2, 4, 8 and 10 Gb/s Fibre Channel
•••◦ 1 Gb/s and 10 Gb/s Ethernet
•••◦ 1.5 Gb/s, 3.0 Gb/s, 6.0 Gb/s SAS/SATA
• Multiple connection interface option
•••◦ SFP/SFP+/XFP for Fibre Channel and Ethernet
•••◦ SFP compatible SATA connector for SAS/SATA
•••◦ SAS connector (4x Infiniband type) for 3.0 Gbps wide port SAS/SATA
•••◦ Mini SAS connector for 6.0 Gbps wide port SAS/SATA
• Flexible Licensing Model
• Easy-to-Read, User Definable GUI with Unified View
• Supports up to 32 Concurrent Users
• "Expert" Software Reduces Troubleshooting Time From Hours to Minutes
Scalable Configuration Options
• 1, 2, or 4 Slot Xgig System Chassis
• 2 Port or 4 Port Analyzer Blade Options
• Wide-blade wide-port SAS/SATA blade Option
• Multi-function blades provide a Jammer, BERT and Analyzer all in one
• Time-sync up to 4 Chassis
• 2, 4GB memory buffer size per analysis channel option
Xgig Analyzer Blade List
• 10 Gb/s Fibre Channel Analyzer & 10 Gb/s Ethernet (SFP+ or XFP)
• 1, 2, 4, 8 Gb/s Fibre Channel Analyzer
• 1, 2, 4 Gb/s Fibre Channel and GbE Multi-protocol Analyzer
• 1.5, 3.0 Gb/s SAS/SATA Analyzer (4 port SFP SATA Connector)
• 1.5, 3.0 Gb/s Wide-port SAS/SATA Analyser
• 1.5, 3.0, 6.0 Gb/s Wide-port SAS/SATA Analyser