More and more I am being asked to help improve the business proposition for small businesses that I am working with.
I'm not sure whether is just because of the economic climate or many business sectors have lots of competition.
Either way it is about working out:-
1. What is it that is really provided to customers, what benefit do they derive
2. What can differentiate your business from the competition
3. Take the elevator pitch test - if you don't pass you aren't there yet
4. Considering changes to your small business product or services to improve what the customer gets - these can be major or minor
5. This can mean stopping doing some things, which don't really contribute, are ineffective or just cost you money - I call them 'fluff'
6. Then, translating this to what I call 'access to market' - online, in-store, brochures, flyers, sales staff
7. Building what can effectively be a re-launch campaign around this improved small business proposition