Can’t find an answer to your question or concerns? Contact us, we will respond.
RBI (an Australian company)
the user of this website ("You" or "Your")
Hotfrog is operated by Reed Business Information Pty Limited (ABN 80 132 719 861) of Tower 1, Level 13, 495 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia (RBI).
RBI may amend this Agreement from time to time and will post notice of any changes on Hotfrog. You should check for any changes to the Agreement as those changes will be binding on you if you continue to use Hotfrog after they have been made.
1. Using Hotfrog – general requirements
- 1.1 RBI will make Hotfrog available to You on the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- 1.2 You may use Hotfrog in accordance with this Agreement, including the licence granted in clause 3.
- 1.3 RBI takes the accuracy of its Database very seriously. If You see any material on Hotfrog which:
- (a) infringes any law, regulation, standard or relevant industry code;
- (b) breaches the requirements of this Agreement; or
- (c) is incorrect,
- please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us via the Contact Hotfrog webpage.
- 1.4 Hotfrog contains content created by third parties (i.e. not by RBI), information obtained from public sources and links to other websites (such third party content and websites together, Third Party Content). Except as otherwise indicated, we do not endorse, sponsor or approve any business profiled on Hotfrog, any Third Party Content or the products or services offered by any business profiled on Hotfrog. For more information about how RBI obtains information from public online sources, please see www.catchbot.com.Where Hotfrog contains links to Third Party Content, these are provided for your information only. RBI takes no responsibility for such Third Party Content or for any loss or damage that may arise out of your use of the same.
- 1.5 Automated access to Hotfrog by or on behalf of internet search engines is permitted.
- 1.6 Subject to clauses 1.5, You must not:
- (a) access Hotfrog other than through the normal Hotfrog web interface;
- (b) access Hotfrog through any automated means (including, without limitation, through the use of scripts or webcrawlers);
- (c) use Hotfrog if You have previously been barred from using it, any other "Hotfrog" branded website or any other website operated by RBI;
- (d) infringe the intellectual property rights of others or use Hotfrog to do the same;
- (e) impersonate or falsely state or misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organisation;
- (f) use Hotfrog or any information contained on Hotfrog in connection with any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any similar activity;
- (g) violate (or cause RBI to violate) any applicable law, regulation, standard or relevant industry code;
- (h) sell, resell, reproduce, duplicate, trade or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of, use of, access to or data on Hotfrog which does not form part of Your Business Profile; or
- (i) supply any service through Hotfrog.
- 1.7 Without prejudice to clause 1.6, the Business Profile for Your own business may and is intended to generate commercial activity for Your business outside of Hotfrog. This Agreement does not regulate or govern how Your business is run outside of Hotfrog.
- 1.8 RBI may, but is under no obligation to, review Your Content. You acknowledge and agree that RBI retains complete editorial control over Hotfrog and that RBI may, in its sole discretion and without notice to You:
- (a) reject, remove, delete or amend any material contained on Hotfrog or in the Database at any time, including (without limitation) any material contained in any Business Profile;
- (b) reject, refuse, remove, delete or amend any Content at any time;
- (c) position Content and/or any Business Profile as it sees fit; and
- (d) stipulate other conditions to ensure that the commercial nature of Content is clear.
- 1.9 Hotfrog is available on a temporary basis. RBI reserves the right to modify, discontinue or disable Hotfrog or any part of Hotfrog (on a permanent or temporary basis) at any time. RBI may also restrict access to certain parts of Hotfrog to registered users.
- 1.10 RBI may terminate this Agreement, remove Your Business Profile and/or refuse You access to Hotfrog if You have breached, or we consider that You will breach, this Agreement or for any other reason that RBI, in its sole discretion, sees fit.
- 1.11 You acknowledge and agree that certain Business Profiles on Hotfrog have been paid for by a business and will therefore be displayed before free Business Profiles in the relevant search results.
- 1.12 You must not (and must not attempt to) gain or allow unauthorised access to, interfere with the normal operation of, circumvent any security, home page, or other feature of or insert any link to or breach the security measures on any part of Hotfrog, including any system or equipment on which Hotfrog operates, or any database connected to Hotfrog. You must not knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is or may be malicious or technologically harmful. RBI will report any breach of this Agreement (including but not limited to clause 1.12) to the relevant law enforcement authorities.
- 1.13 In the event of any breach by You of this Agreement, your right to use Hotfrog will cease immediately.
2. Business Profiles and Reviews
- 2.1 You may use Hotfrog to add, amend and/or update a Business Profile or a Review, solely on the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- 2.2 All Content must:
- (a) be complete and accurate;
- (b) be supplied in the manner and format specified on Hotfrog or as otherwise directed by RBI;
- (c) not be of a nature likely to bring Hotfrog or RBI into disrepute; and
- (d) comply with all laws, regulations, standards and relevant industry codes.
- 2.3 You must not:
- (a) use Hotfrog to post Content for a business that is not located in the United Kingdom;
- (b) use Hotfrog to add or amend a Business Profile where You do not have the express authorisation of that business to do so;
- (c) upload, post, transmit, publish or otherwise make available any Accessible Content that You do not have a right to make available under any law, regulation, rule or code or under contractual or other legal relationships;
- (d) upload, post, transmit, publish or otherwise make available any false, misleading, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, indecent or unlawful Content or Accessible Content;
- (e) infringe the intellectual property rights of others; or
- (f) breach a law including, without limitation, any law that restricts advertising of a profession.
- 2.4 If any of the information in the Business Profile for Your business changes, becomes out of date, or no longer complies with this Agreement, You must:
- (a) immediately amend Your Business Profile so that it complies with this Agreement; and/or
- (b) immediately notify RBI.
- 2.5 You acknowledge and agree that by posting Content onto Hotfrog You consent to being contacted (on an ongoing basis) via any of the contact details contained in that Content, including (without limitation) where such contact involves receiving information about products or services which we think may interest You from RBI or any RBI authorised third party.
- 2.6 You must provide RBI with a copy of the authorisation described in clause 2.3(b) on request.
For further information on Hotfrog’s Reviews, Ratings and Comments please visit Hotfrog's Reviews and Comments Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
- 3.1 Hotfrog and the Database are owned and operated by RBI. You acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property rights comprised in or relating to Hotfrog and the Database belong to RBI or our licensors, and that nothing in this Agreement constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights.
- 3.2 You may download and view content and/or print a copy of material on Hotfrog for Your own use only, provided You do not:
- (a) modify the content (including, without limitation, any copyright notice) in any way;
- (b) make the content public; or
- (c) use the content in a manner or for a purpose prohibited by this Agreement.
- 3.3 You must not do anything which breaches or otherwise interferes with RBI's intellectual property rights. Except as expressly permitted by this Agreement or by law, You may not reproduce any content appearing on Hotfrog without our written permission and, if required, payment of a specified fee. Requests to reproduce any content may be made via the Contact Hotfrog webpage.
- 3.4 We may publish and communicate to the public any Content. By posting Content onto Hotfrog, You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable licence to:
- (a) reproduce, modify, add to, use, copy, publish, communicate and adapt the Content for any purpose and in any manner anywhere in the world, including (without limitation) on Hotfrog and as part of the Database; and
- (b) permit any other person to do any of the things referred to in paragraph (a),
(altogether the Licence).
- 3.5 You must waive, and must ensure that all other persons waive, absolutely and irrevocably all moral rights in relation to any Content. For the purposes of this clause 3.5, a moral right may be waived by consenting to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of that moral right.
- 3.6 For the avoidance of doubt, You acknowledge and agree that:
- (a) the Licence includes a right for us to:
- (i) make the Content available to other companies, organisations or individuals with whom we have a relationship for the provision of services and to use such Content in the provision of those services;
- (ii) make the Content available to the public via any website or as part of any services or products in any jurisdiction;
- (b) we will allow Hotfrog users to search Content You have posted; and
- (c) You will do everything necessary (including without limitation, on request, execution of any documents) to give RBI the full benefit of the licences, waivers and consents set out in this clause 3.
- 3.7 The Licence will survive termination or expiry of this Agreement (howsoever arising).
- 3.8 Your use of Third Party Content (including, without limitation, third party websites linked to Hotfrog) may be subject to third party terms and conditions of use, over which we have no control or responsibility. Nothing in this Agreement (or otherwise on Hotfrog) constitutes a licence or right for You to use such content.
- (b) where possible, have that person provide us with that personal information directly.
- 5.1 You represent and warrant to RBI that:
- (a) You are fully authorised to publish and to authorise RBI to publish all Content (including, without limitation, having full authorisation from any business whose Business Profile You add, amend or update);
- (b) You are least 18 years of age and have the legal capacity to enter this Agreement;
- (c) publication of Accessible Content in accordance with this Agreement will not, at any time, infringe any intellectual property right, moral right or any right of confidence or other right of any person;
- (d) You have the ability to grant the Licence;
- (e) all Accessible Content will, at all times, comply with all applicable laws, regulations and relevant industry codes;
- (f) all products and services advertised in Accessible Content will match the advertised description, and be available in the manner, at the price and for the time period advertised;
- (g) the Accessible Content does not, and will not at any time, infringe any intellectual property right, moral right or any right of confidence or other right of any person;
- (h) You have obtained the consent of all individuals whose personal information is included in the Content to:
- (i) the collection of that personal information by RBI; and
- (h) all Accessible Content will be, up to date and accurate, and will not mislead or deceive end users of Hotfrog; and
- (j) each website represented by any URL shown or embedded in the Business Profile for Your business:
- (i) is controlled and operated by Your business or its independent contractor;
- (ii) will be functional and accessible at all times; and
- (iii) is suitable in all respects, including (without limitation) subject matter, to be linked to Hotfrog.
- 5.2 RBI cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that Hotfrog and/ or any Content or Third Party Content available on Hotfrog will be:
- (a) free from infection, viruses and/or other harmful code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other firewalls);
- (b) accurate, up to date, complete or error free;
- (c) uninterrupted or available; or
- (d) suitable for any particular purpose or capable of performing any function or providing any particular result.
- 6.1 To the full extent permitted by law and subject to clauses 6.4 and 6.6, RBI, its group companies and connected third parties exclude:
- (a) all representations, warranties, terms and conditions, whether express or implied (and including, without limitation, those implied by statute, custom, law or otherwise), except as expressly set out in this Agreement; and
- (b) liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any person in connection with Hotfrog or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of, Hotfrog, any websites linked to it and any Content, Accessible Content or Third Party Content posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- (i) loss of income or revenue;
- (ii) loss of business;
- (iii) loss of profits or contracts;
- (iv) loss of anticipated savings;
- (v) loss of data;
- (vi) loss of goodwill;
- (vii) wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- 6.2 Hotfrog is provided "as is" and “as available”, and You acknowledge and agree that RBI has no control over Third Party Content and that Your use of Hotfrog (including, without limitation, all material obtained from or linked to Hotfrog) is at Your sole risk. Nothing on Hotfrog constitutes the giving of financial or other advice. You should obtain qualified professional advice before acting on the basis of any information on Hotfrog.
- 6.3 To the full extent permitted by law, RBI excludes all liability to You for any damage or loss (including without limitation, loss of profits, indirect or consequential loss) however caused (including, without limitation, damage or loss arising in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), statute or otherwise) suffered by You in connection with:
- (a) the non-availability of Hotfrog for any period or at any time;
- (b) Your use of, or reliance on, Hotfrog (or any information contained on or linked to Hotfrog);and
- (b) any dealing You have with any business displayed on Hotfrog.
- 6.4 Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. This Agreement must be read subject to those statutory provisions. If those statutory provisions apply, notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, to the extent to which RBI is entitled to do so, RBI limits its liability in respect of any claim under those provisions to:
- (a) the supply of the services again; or
- (b) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- 6.5 You hereby indemnify and hold harmless RBI and its officers, employees and agents from and against any liability, loss, damage, costs and expense (including, without limitation, legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) and penalties incurred or suffered by any of them arising out of:
- (a) Your breach of this Agreement, including (without limitation) a warranty in clause 5;
- (b) any act of fraud or wilful misconduct by or on behalf of You; and
- (c) the publication or use of, or any act or omission in relation to, the Accessible Content including, without limitation, claims brought by any third party relating to defamation, negligent misstatement, injurious falsehood, contempt of court, rights of publicity and/or privacy, copyright infringement, trade mark infringement, other intellectual property infringement, passing off, misleading or deceptive conduct and any failure to comply with or fulfil any representations, warranties or agreements.
- 6.6. Nothing in this Agreement shall limit or exclude RBI's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- 7.1 We may provide You with notices by email, mail or by posting content on Hotfrog.
- 7.2 RBI may assign this Agreement provided that the relevant assignee undertakes to perform all of RBI's obligations herein. Subject to the foregoing, neither party may assign this Agreement in whole or in part.
- 7.3 The indemnities in this Agreement are:
- (a) continuing obligations of the parties, separate and independent from their other obligations and survive termination of this Agreement; and
- (b) absolute and unconditional and unaffected by anything that might have the effect or prejudicing, releasing, discharging or affecting in any other way the liability of the party giving the indemnity.
- 7.4 This Agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and waive, without limitation, any claim or objection based on absence of jurisdiction or inconvenient forum.
- 7.5. If you have any questions about this Agreement or Hotfrog, you can contact us via the Contact Hotfrog webpage.
- In this Agreement:
- Content means all content posted by You onto Hotfrog including, without limitation, all text, graphics, icons, photographs and URLs.
- Accessible Content means all Content and all similar content on sites to which URLs contained in Your Content are linked.
- Business Profile means a business profile in the Database. A Business Profile may contain information about the profiled business, for example, contact details.
- Database means the national database of Business Profiles which is collected by RBI and made accessible to the public via the online business directory on Hotfrog.
- Review means a review or other comment which You add to Hotfrog in relation to any Business Profile or associated products and services.