Cirrus Media recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Cirrus Media will collect and use your personal information as set out below.
Collection of information
The four main ways we collect personal information about you are:
- when information about you is posted on an Cirrus Media website, either by you or by a third party;
- when you log into an Cirrus Media website or otherwise submit personal information to Cirrus Media;
- when you use an Cirrus Media website, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to that website, such as your IP address; and
- through the operation of CatchBot, Cirrus Media's web crawler (described in more detail below).
The type of information that we collect from you may include the following: your name, phone number, address, email address, company position/title, credit card details, IP address, cookies, (where used) social media public profile information (including username and photograph), personal information that you include in your business profile or personal information that you email/send using email functionality on a Cirrus Media website.
Using and disclosing your personal information
We collect information about you to:
- provide Cirrus Media services to you;
- provide you with a better service experience with content and advertising that is
more relevant to your interests;
- verify the identity of Hotfrog users;
- allow you to participate in the interactive features available on www.hotfrog.co.uk through which some of your personal information (such as username and photograph) may be made available on the website to others; and
- create a business information database and associated content for use as part of
Cirrus Media's online business. Whilst Hotfrog's business information database is designed to
operate as a business directory (not a directory of individuals) it is possible
that personal information may become included in the business information database.
Cirrus Media will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is for one of the purposes described above or otherwise permitted by this policy;
- it is required or permitted by law (including by relevant privacy laws);
- we believe it necessary for us to do so;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Cirrus Media website user, any member of the public or Cirrus Media; or
- any of the assets and/or operations of Cirrus Media are being transferred to another party.
If you do not provide requested information, Cirrus Media may not be able to provide you
with access to or full use of sections of the Cirrus Media website.
Sometimes, the activities described above require us to share your personal information with other organisations, including the following:
- Cirrus Media’s business information database is available via the internet to any member of the public. It is also disclosed in its entirety to Cirrus Media's related entities and to other entities with whom Cirrus Media has a business relationship, as part of Cirrus Media's online business.
- Cirrus Media discloses personal information to its service providers, advisers and other entities with whom Cirrus Media has a business relationship, in the course of operating the Cirrus Media websites and Cirrus Media online business and in the course of delivering the Cirrus Media services.
In seeking to give you the most worthwhile experience of our websites possible, Cirrus Media may use your personal information to send you information and product updates about Cirrus Media websites, products and services and those of our carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you or to permit other parties to send other information about products or services which may be of interest to you.
We may contact you at any email or other address or contact point which we have collected or obtained in order to:
- contact you about your business profile on a Cirrus Media website;
have posted on a Cirrus Media website;
- provide you with updated information about Cirrus Media websites; or
- provide you with other information about other products or services which you may enjoy.
If you are receiving promotional information from Cirrus Media and do not wish to receive
this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by contacting
the Cirrus Media Privacy Officer at email@example.com
and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request
to be processed.
Access to the information we hold
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by making a
request to the Cirrus Media Privacy Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with access to the information that we hold about you unless we are legally authorised not to do so.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out
of date, please contact us by emailing our Cirrus Media Privacy Officer at
email@example.com. If you wish to have your personal information deleted,
please let us know in the same manner as referred to above.
We will take all reasonable steps to change or delete information in response to
such a request. If there is a reason that we cannot make that change or deletion,
we will inform you of that reason.
Storage and security of your personal information
Cirrus Media will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. You should note that the internet is not a secure method of transmitting information and, as such, we are not responsible for the security of any information sent or received over the internet.
Please note that Cirrus Media and/or its service providers may use overseas facilities including but not limited to the US and Australia, to store, process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information overseas. However, this does not change our commitment to keep your information secure.
Third party websites
More information about CatchBot is available at www.catchbot.com.
Cirrus Media Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org