Hotfrog Group recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Hotfrog Group will collect and use your personal information as set out below.
Collection of information
The four main ways we collect personal information about you are:
- when information about you is posted on an Hotfrog Group website, either by you or by a third party;
- when you log into an Hotfrog Group website or otherwise submit personal information to Hotfrog Group;
- when you use an Hotfrog Group website, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to that website, such as your IP address; and
- through the operation of CatchBot, Hotfrog Group's web crawler (described in more detail below).
The type of information that we collect from you may include the following: your name, phone number, address, email address, company position/title, credit card details, IP address, cookies, (where used) social media public profile information (including username and photograph), personal information that you include in your business profile or personal information that you email/send using email functionality on a Hotfrog Group website.
Using and disclosing your personal information
We collect information about you to:
- provide Hotfrog Group services to you;
- provide you with a better service experience with content and advertising that is
more relevant to your interests;
- verify the identity of Hotfrog users;
- allow you to participate in the interactive features available on www.hotfrog.co.uk through which some of your personal information (such as username and photograph) may be made available on the website to others; and
- create a business information database and associated content for use as part of
Hotfrog Group's online business. Whilst Hotfrog's business information database is designed to
operate as a business directory (not a directory of individuals) it is possible
that personal information may become included in the business information database.
Hotfrog Group will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is for one of the purposes described above or otherwise permitted by this policy;
- it is required or permitted by law (including by relevant privacy laws);
- we believe it necessary for us to do so;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Hotfrog Group website user, any member of the public or Hotfrog Group; or
- any of the assets and/or operations of Hotfrog Group are being transferred to another party.
If you do not provide requested information, Hotfrog Group may not be able to provide you
with access to or full use of sections of the Hotfrog Group website.
Sometimes, the activities described above require us to share your personal information with other organisations, including the following:
- Hotfrog Group’s business information database is available via the internet to any member of the public. It is also disclosed in its entirety to Hotfrog Group's related entities and to other entities with whom Hotfrog Group has a business relationship, as part of Hotfrog Group's online business.
- Hotfrog Group discloses personal information to its service providers, advisers and other entities with whom Hotfrog Group has a business relationship, in the course of operating the Hotfrog Group websites and Hotfrog Group online business and in the course of delivering the Hotfrog Group services.
In seeking to give you the most worthwhile experience of our websites possible, Hotfrog Group may use your personal information to send you information and product updates about Hotfrog Group websites, products and services and those of our carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you or to permit other parties to send other information about products or services which may be of interest to you.
We may contact you at any email or other address or contact point which we have collected or obtained in order to:
- contact you about your business profile on a Hotfrog Group website;
have posted on a Hotfrog Group website;
- provide you with updated information about Hotfrog Group websites; or
- provide you with other information about other products or services which you may enjoy.
If you are receiving promotional information from Hotfrog Group and do not wish to receive
this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by contacting
the Hotfrog Group Privacy Officer at support.hotfrog.com
and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request
to be processed.
Access to the information we hold
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by making a
request to the Hotfrog Group Privacy Officer via support.hotfrog.com. We will provide you with access to the information that we hold about you unless we are legally authorised not to do so.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out
of date, please contact us by emailing our Hotfrog Group Privacy Officer at
support.hotfrog.com. If you wish to have your personal information deleted,
please let us know in the same manner as referred to above.
We will take all reasonable steps to change or delete information in response to
such a request. If there is a reason that we cannot make that change or deletion,
we will inform you of that reason.
Storage and security of your personal information
Hotfrog Group will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. You should note that the internet is not a secure method of transmitting information and, as such, we are not responsible for the security of any information sent or received over the internet.
Please note that Hotfrog Group and/or its service providers may use overseas facilities including but not limited to the US and Australia, to store, process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information overseas. However, this does not change our commitment to keep your information secure.
Third party websites
More information about CatchBot is available at www.catchbot.com.
Hotfrog Group Privacy Officer at support.hotfrog.com