My name is Wemi Agboaye and I run CafCare. I am a registered Social Worker (GSCC), Accredited Social Work Practice Teacher, Child Behaviour consultant and qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist working towards accreditation.
My practice is built on the principles of Cognitive-Behavioural theory/(Cognitive,REBT and multimodal therapy). I then build on this by drawing from such theoretical perspectives as Systemic Family Theory, Psychodynamic theories and solution focussed appraoch.
I have experience of working with parents, schools, statutory social workers and other agencies that support children in collaborating to ensure that children attain their fullest potential.
- B.A Hons English University of Ibadan
- M.A/DipSw University of Birmingham
- Advanced Certificate in Practice Teaching/Practice Teachers Award (University of Birmingham)
- M.Sc Social Learning Theory and Counselling (University of Birmingham).
Professional Certificate in Management (Health & Social Care) (Open)
Primary Practicum (Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy - REBT)
CafCare's mission is to promote the welfare and safety of all children by offering support and guidace to thier families and agencies that work with them.
* FAMILY ASSESSMENTS FOR COURT
* FORM F ASSESSMENTS (Fostering)
COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY
* CHILD BEHAVIOUR CONSULTANCY
* PRACTICE TEACHING
* THERAPEUTIC STORIES
* CONSULTANCY to families, social work students,voluntary organisations, schools etc
* TRAINING, WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS on diverse issues concerning children and their families.These include Child protection issues, social work theories, anti-discrimnatory practice, parenting issues, behaviour management etc.
I am a member of both
The British Association of Social Workers (BASW) and
The British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
I adhere to the code of ethics of these two bodies.